14 Days Before The Race

The car hasn't left my driveway since the day we brought it home back in Feb, until today. This morning I wanted to back the car in to make access easier. I backed it onto the street to turn it around, and as I shifted from reverse to first gear and brought my hand back to the wheel, I looked down my street and felt compelled to drive. I sat and struggled with this urge for a moment, then pulled forward a few yards, and deliberately looked away from the street, and maneuvered backwards into my driveway. Getting the car impounded 2 weeks before the race, after all the work the team has put in, would suck in the worst way.

We're winding down on prep tasks. Today's tasks:
  • Swapped CV joints
  • Goofed around with the battery
  • Replaced antifreeze with water
  • Started painting
We're all getting excited about the race. The engine is sounding good. Our last fees have been paid. We've got all our safety gear, ...oh. Except my gloves.

No comments: