|Behold: The DOT.MATRIX|
A reference to distinguish cars is both fun and useful though. I can't just say "my car" or even "my MR2" and expect people to know which of my cars I'm talking about.
I also think it's time to expand the scope of this blog beyond the race cars, to the street cars we frequently refer to anyway.
So I now dub my FX16 the "DOT.MATRIX". It's a partial reference to the Toyota Matrix, the successor to the FX, but more of a reference to a more primitive technological era when boxy small Japanese import cars and whining, slow printers were an exciting novelty.
So this is the reference page for the DOT.MATRIX:
- 1987 Toyota Corolla FX16.
- It has a few GTS cosmetic bits.
- It has over 230000 miles on the odometer, but no guarantee that the gauge is original.
- It has a fairly happy blue top 4AGE. I suspect a slightly tuned rebuild, but don't know the history.
- It cost me $160.
Plans for the DOT.MATRIX include:
- Small port 4AGE swap.
- Rustoleum rattle-can paint job.
- Some type of headlight conversion.
- Low budget stereo.
- Bumper testicles?